HERC has a particular focus on practice-based research and practitioner-based pedagogic research that informs the practice of learning and teaching, but also undertakes research on a range of different HE teaching and learning related topics.
The group has a core of researchers whose main focus is pedagogic research, and a much wider affiliate membership of researchers for whom pedagogic research is an additional interest to their subject based research.
Areas of research interest and expertise include
- Accreditation and assessment of learning in HE
- Technology enhanced learning, blended and flexible learning
- Work integrated learning
- Methodologies appropriate for practitioner -researchers
- Developing and enhancing ethical practice and understanding
- Critical reflection and reflexivity
- The role of academic and professional advising, coaching and mentoring
- Trans-disciplinary knowledge
- Integration of practice and theory, academics and professional practice.